My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Distant Stars: Chapter Three


"I'm ready, Capella." Rigel replied.
"If something happened where I had to move very far away, would you hold on to me? Or go separate ways?" quavered Capella.
There was complete silence as Rigel was briefly dumbstruck. As the couple stood under the tree, the leaves sang a melody of comfort for the couple. At last, he was ready to say something.
"Is everything, alright?" fretted Rigel. "And of course, Capella, you know me, I would definitely hold on to you. You mean everything to me, and I would fight, even if it means death, for you and for our relationship."
"Rigel, I ... don't ..." cried Capella as she tried to stop the tears from flowing down her cheeks. "I ... really don't ... know ... how ..."
Just before Capella could finish saying her words, a gush of violent winds accompanied by a bright flash caused Rigel and Capella to lose sight of their surroundings. 
"Capella!! Hold on to my hands" screamed Rigel. "Do not ever let go!!"
"Yes!! Rigel, I am holding onto your hands!!" shrieked Capella.
Suddenly, a figure with tiny filamentous wings, with hair as black as the velvety night sky, dressed in a dress of flower petals and wielding a magic wand, inched her distance closer towards the couple. As she inched closer, a determined look on her face was observed.
"Rigel and Capella, let go of each other hands" she greeted.
"How do you even know our names?! No!! I won't let you separate us!" shouted Rigel as he continued to grip tightly onto Capella hands.
"Rigel and Capella, let it go." she repeated. "Everything will soon be over."
As she inched closer, the couple slowly lost their consciousness and they finally lost grip on each other's hands.
"Rigel and Capella, all the best." she whispered. 

1 comment: