My photo
23 years old. Pursuing Public Policy and Global Affairs in School Of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. Thank you for the taking the time to visit and read some of my posts. I hope that you will be able to take away some insights and perspectives on various topics discussed within my space at the end of the day. I will continue to pen down my thoughts as it has always been my pleasure to do so. Any feedback are warmly welcome and can be reached me through the contact form.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Distant Stars: Chapter One



Once upon a time, there sat a couple, named Rigel and Capella, who gazed up at the thousand tiny glistening stars across the dreary cold night. The skies were clear and the stars were shining more brightly than ever before.
"What a beautiful night, don't you think so?" Rigel said to Capella. "How I wish every night would be filled with stars, clear skies, and light winds." 
"That would only exist in our dreams." laughed Capella. "Some nights will be brighter, and that's the beauty of nature!" 
"Sigh looks like we have to cherish what nature provides us with every single day" lamented Rigel. 
Amidst the silence, the guy held the girl's hand and the girl leaned her head over his shoulder as they continued to admire the stars.
"Do you believe that one day we will reach the stars in the sky to play with them?" Rigel whispered into her ears. 
"Ah, when will you stop with all of your imagination." giggled Capella. "But, this is what makes you unique too, nobody would have thought of that, better prove it to me that it's possible."
"Sure! I will make it happen" Rigel nonchalantly replied.
Suddenly, a shooting star spanned the skies and the couple was in disbelief.
"Hey Capella! did you ... did you, see that?!" Rigel babbled. "Was that really a shooting star?! I thought they exist only in fantasies or storybooks! I can't believe it, was that really it? I never expect to witness one in my lifetime! Er ... according to one of the fantasies I've read! We are supposed to make a wish right now!" And Rigel babbled on and on without giving any chance to the girl to reply anything.
So she finally cut in, "Stop! Stop! Relax! Yes, Rigel, we saw a shooting star! Quick! Let's make a wish together!"
The couple stared in silence for as long as the shooting star took to disappear in the skies.
"So what's the wish you've made?" Rigel called to Capella.
 "Hey! Don't you know that we were not supposed to share? It's a secret!! Hahaha" Capella called back at him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Benjamin, that is a fantastic story right there! Looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mason Rodner, thank you for the kind compliments! I'll be releasing the sequels soon! :)

    ReplyDelete